Healing Passage 6th Ed. (print copy) + 3D Female Pelvic Anatomy Desktop Software (Windows & Mac) Package Deal
STUDENT SPECIAL: Save $10.00 on the software license when you license the Healing Passage with the Understanding Female Pelvic Anatomy in 3D Desktop Software Suite (licensed for individual/personal/private use).
$75 + $35 = $110.00
NOTE: This package deal is set up as a downloadable product. Your book will have to be mailed. Any other physical products will have to be ordered separately.
ATTENTION INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMERS: Shipping and handling for the book will need to be figured for your specific order, please the shipping information page to learn how it works.
HEALING PASSAGE: A Midwife’s Guide to the Care and Repair of the Tissues Involved in Birth
6th edition, 2010
This unique book is a complete guide to the care of the pelvic tissues for midwifery level practice. It begins with a detailed section on female pelvic anatomy that includes many newly understood concepts regarding this region.
Next, the text explores theories about perineal responses to fetal descent and how to prepare for and support a tear-free birth. Chapters covering a variety of pelvic conditions follow. Then, the book becomes a step-by-step manual for learning to suture, including chapters on equipment, how to use common surgical tools, tying knots and creating stitches. All these topics have been much expanded in the current edition. Finally, the book goes into putting these skills to use in a variety of different types of repairs.
Although the general format of the book is the same as in previous editions, it is much more in depth and many new chapters have been added. The book concludes with a newly designed 3D model of the pelvic floor for students to construct (the purchase of additional materials is necessary to complete the model).
It has grown to 688 pages.
UNDERSTANDING FEMALE PELVIC ANATOMY IN 3D Desktop SOFTWARE for Windows & Mac & MP4 FILM SUITE includes two unique educational tools:
The Interactive Female Pelvic Anatomy program, which gives you the ability to select, view and rotate 48 graphically-depicted anatomical parts in virtual 3D. Software for both Windows and Mac computers is included.
Downloadable High Definition version of the film: Five Vignettes Introducing Selected Soft Tissue Regions of the Female Pelvis, which includes:
- The Uretrovaginal Sphincter Muscle Complex
- The Perineal Membrane Connective Tissue Complex
- The Clitoral Complex
- The Levator Ani Muscle Complex
- The External Anal Sphincter
- PDF file of the Software Suite User's Manual (A guide to installing and using the software)
- Anatomy section of the text Healing Passage, A Midwife's Guide to the Care and Repair of the Tissues Involved in Birth, 6th ed (2010)
*The Software License for Personal, private, individual use is included in this package deal:
This level grants the following permissions:
- Installation of the Interactive 3D Pelvic Anatomy Program on up to two devices (such as computers or tablets) and playing the HD fillm on any device that can do so.
- Any personal and private use, regardless of whether you are a midwife or not.
- Viewing in study groups with no instructor present (each student should have their own copy for private study)
- Use of the material up to twice yearly on a non-regular basis (i.e., not more frequently than twice a year for two years in a row) for teaching CEU-granting or other types of classes that do not lead to a credential
- If you are a midwife: you can use the material with all the clients in your midwifery practice plus use for teaching practice-specific classes (such as childbirth education classes)